LEVERAGE THE ZEND FRAMEWORK TO SUPERCHARGE YOUR PHP DEVELOPMENT
Covering the latest release of the open-source PHP framework, Zend Framework: A Beginner's Guide covers key features, including model-view-controller implementation, routing, input validation, internationalization, and caching, and shows you how to use them in a practical context.
The book walks you through the process of building a complete Web application with the Zend Framework, starting with the basics and then adding inmore complex elements, such as data pagination and sorting, user authentication, exception handling, localization, and Web services. Debugging and performance optimization are also covered in this fast-paced tutorial. Plus, you’ll learn how to apply your skills in the real world, with a complete hands-on project.
- Receive a thorough grounding in Zend Framework concepts
- Create and validate Web forms
- Store and retrieve data with Doctrine ORM
- Perform efficient exception handling and error processing
- Authenticate and track users with sessions and cookies
- Access and use data from third-party Web services
- Build modern, AJAX-compliant user interfaces with Dojo and YUI toolkits
- Enable intelligent localization and translation
- Practice your skills on real-world applications